The 2009 IMC Cross Country Championship meet is fast approaching. Our staff is busy making preparations for what we hope will be a great event for every team and competitor. This year the local parks and rec district will NOT allow the use of Drake Park on this date. Thus, the race will be held in the new Pine Nursery Park venue. We will get more course details out as the course is finalized. This letter is a preview of important times and dates you will need to keep in mind when making plans for the Championships.
1. ENTRIES: All entries need to be made by 3 p.m. Monday, 10-26-09 on Athletic.net. Teams will enter 7 runners in each varsity race. Due to the severe limitations on this course there will be a limit of 7 runners in each JV race as well.
2. PRACTICE: The course in Pine Nursery Park will be open for preview at 11:00 am on Saturday, October 31, 2009.
3. COACHES MEETING: There will be a coaches meeting at Noon prior to the first race of the day. Last minute details and important information will be given out and questions answered at that time.
4. RACE DAY SCHEDULE: Saturday, October 31, 2009
Coaches Meeting Noon
Girls Varsity 1:00 p.m.
Boys Varsity 1:30 p.m.
Girls JV 2:00 p.m.
Boys JV 2:30 p.m.
Awards 3:15 p.m.
5. TRAINER / FIRST AID: Our trainer will be available before and after all races. You must provide your own tape and pre-wrap materials.
6. T-SHIRTS: Classic 2009 IMC Cross Country Championship Apparel is being produced. The T-shirts and hooded sweatshirts will be made on site and available for purchase by NW Athletic Events.
7. DIRECTIONS / MAPS: Pine Nursery Park is located in NE Bend. We may be forced to utilize Ponderosa Elementary School (3790 NE Purcell Blvd) for staging the start/finish. It is connected to Pine Nursery Park. Follow Hwy 97 to Cooley Rd. Go east to 18th St. (roundabout). Travel south to Empire Ave. Go east to Purcell and turn left. The elementary school is ahead on the right. Maps of the course will be available byemail later.
8. LOCKER ROOMS: The locker rooms at Mountain View High School will not be available since the race course is away from the school. Dress before you arrive.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to call me at school 541-383-6467. You could also reach
Dave Hood, AD & Don Stearns, Head Coach