2010 NORTH COUNTY INVITATIONAL TEAM RESULTS:
TEAM SCORES: BOYS
1. SQUALICUM 22
2. LAKEWOOD 31
3. LAKE STEVENS 33
4. SNOHOMISH 40
5. SHOREWOOD 42
6. CEDARCREST 44
7. ARLINGTON 48
8. KING'S 61
9. EVERETT 64
10. STANWOOD 78
11. ARCHBISHOP MURPHY 88
12. MARYSVILLE-PILCHUCK 95
13. MT BAKER 116
14. OAK HARBOR 117
15. GRANITE FALLS 123
16. MERIDIAN 126
17. LYNDEN 138
18. FERNDALE 150
19. SOUTH WHIDBEY 164
20. SHORECREST 232
GIRLS TEAM SCORES
1. SNOHOMISH 24
2. OAK HARBOR 33
3. STANWOOD 33
4. CEDARCREST 39
5. LAKEWOOD 40
6. SOUTH WHIDBEY 54
7. ARLINGTON 54
8. LAKE STEVENS 60
9. SHOREWOOD 70
10. MARYSVILLE-PILCHUCK 71
11. SQUALICUM 82
12. KING'S 83
13. MT BAKER 87
14. ARCHBISHOP MURPHY 89
15. GRANITE FALLS 110
16. MERIDIAN 129
17. FERNDALE 143
18. EVERETT 150
19. SHORECREST 210
Welcome to the 2010 North County Invitational. This is our initial bit of information to you to get you ready for our meet. Pretty much the same as has been before with this one. Meet information itself should be sent out no later than the 1st week of practice in late August.
$100 per boys/girls teams combined, $75 per boys or girls team. Checks to MPHS XC. Send as soon as possible.
We will cap this meet at 25 teams. 1st 25 schools to register here on athletic.net are in this meet. Sign up today.
E-mail me if you have any questions.
FIRST OFF--WELCOME TO THE 2010 NORTH COUNTY INVITATIONAL. This is the 34th Annual and one of the longest remaining meets in the State of Washington. We're excited to have you.
Boys and Girls run together and all of the basic meet information is listed below. We will split the finish chutes to where the boys will finish in the left chute and the girls will finish on the right.
BIGGEST CHANGE IS PARKING-- THIS IS A MUST!!! TEAMS WILL NEED TO GET TO THE SOUTH END OF THE GOLF COURSE, GROVE STREET AND 67TH. NO BUSES WILL BE ALLOWED UP 84TH. TAKE 67TH SOUTH TO GROVE STREET...TAKE A LEFT UP THE HILL AND THERE WILL BE THE SHOULDER WE WILL HAVE TEAMS PARK ON AND OVERFLOW PARKING IN THE GRASS FIELD JUST OFF OF GROVE STREET!!!
This is important as Grace Academy, Cedarcrest Middle School will still be in school when you start to arrive. Teams with vans can park if necessary at the Marysville Free Methodist Church at the corner of 67th and Grove.
Otherwise--hopefully the rest of below is the same for those long time returners... same format. Make sure kids get their blue or pink tags, pin on their jersey-- the meet will move quickly. We will stay on schedule as best we can. SEE YOU THURSDAY!!!
2010 NORTH COUNTY CROSS COUNTRY MEET FACT SHEET
PLACE: Cedarcrest Golf Course, Marysville
TIMES: Thursday, October 14th, 2010. Freshman race starts at 3:30pm sharp! The sophomore race at 4:00pm; juniors compete at 4:30pm; seniors run at 5:00pm; awards at 5:45?; we will stay as close as possible to this published time schedule. Races will start when it is safe.
IMPORTANT: PLEASE KEEP RUNNERS OFF OF RACE COURSE/GOLF COURSE UNTIL 2:30PM!!! EXTRA TIME TO WARM UP CAN TAKE PLACE AT CEDARCREST SCHOOL FOR THOSE FRESHMEN THAT NEED IT.
ENTRIES: REGISTER ON www.athletic.net BY OCTOBER 8th !!!
Each race is unlimited entry for each school, but coaches need to make sure that competitors run in their correct flights according to their year in school. Failure to do so will result in disqualification. Boys and girls of the same grade level run in the same race, but they are scored separately. Also, please differentiate the girls from boys, including the grade level of each participant, and please include correct spellings .
FEES: There is a $100.00 fee for each team, $75 for boys or girls team. (Increase to help pay for Sanikans). There will be individual (one medal and nine ribbons) and team awards (one trophy). The North County traveling trophies should be brought to the meet by last year’s winning teams, the Shorecrest boys and Stanwood girls.
COURSE: The course at Cedarcrest Golf Course is accurately measured (3.1 miles). It covers a variety of terrain, including mostly grass with a little pavement. The course is rolling gentle hills.
LANES: Starting assignments will be drawn the week of and included in each teams packet.
RESULTS: I will have results sent via e-mail Thursday evening OR EARLY Friday morning at the latest. Top 10’s and team results will be announced during the awards presentation. Awards at 5:45 near the 1st tee box/Putting Green area.
2010 NORTH COUNTY CROSS COUNTRY MEET FACT SHEET
1. Above all else, please keep the course safe!
2. Athletes, coaches and parents please stay off of greens and tee boxes and out of sand traps (bunkers).
3. Rest rooms and sanikans are available at the course, but locker rooms are not, so teams should come dressed and ready to compete.
4. Coaches should check in by 3:00pm as there will be a packet for each team with rosters, information sheets, course maps, pins, and labels / numbers for each runner. Please proofread!
5. The course will be painted and have directional flagging. Educate your athletes!!! Blue = Straight, Red = Left, Yellow = Right
6. Spectators must stay in designated areas and must avoid the golf course itself. Coaches must educate their teams!
7. Please keep the golf course clean and litter free.
8. Coaches may be asked to help with the management of the meet. Your cooperation will be appreciated. It will be especially important to keep the finish line and the chute areas clear except for meet officials.
9. The Marysville School District will not and cannot be held responsible for lost or stolen articles.
10. Scoring will be by place, with the top five places from each school determining the team scores. A perfect score would be 6 (4 1st places and 1 2nd place).
11. Please send your entry fee as soon as possible.
MARYSVILLE PILCHUCK HIGH SCHOOL
5611 108TH ST. NE MARYSVILLE WA 98271-8898
HEAD BOYS / GIRLS COACH: RANDY EDENS