|3 Miles Fresh/ Soph||9:00 AM|
|3 Miles Varsity||10:00 AM|
|3 Miles Open||10:30 AM|
|3 Miles Junior Varsity||8:30 AM|
|3 Miles Varsity||9:30 AM|
|3 Miles Open||10:30 AM|
Meet Hosts who are Site Supporters can post information here about their meet.
Login to edit the meet blog if you are the meet host.
Thank you for attending the Granite City Cross Country Invitational. We are glad to have your team(s) here to compete.
PRIOR TO 8:00 am
Enclosed in your packets are bib numbers, pins, roster, maps and instructions. Check your rosters for spelling errors, and report them to the scorer's table to have corrected. Also, check to make sure the gender (M or F) is correct for each athlete, as this hinders the scoring for each event if incorrect. Also, check the printed label on the tear off tags for corrections.
Race numbers are to be pinned high on the singlet for finish line results to be checked by hand as a back up. Remind athletes to only pin using the small holes, and leave the tear off tag free of pins.
There is no need to make any scratches. However, if you wish to subsitute another athlete that is not on the current roster, then notify the scorer's table of the subsitution. Do not worry about moving an athelete from one race to another (ie: JV to varsity), as the race number will get tabulated in the event/race the athlete runs.
There are no race numbers for the athletes in the Open race at 10:30. Keep your own times for your team for this race. Athletes who previously competed may use this race as a cool down. The race is open to coaches as well, if you so desire.
COACHES, CAPTAINS SPORTSMANSHIP AND INFORMATIONAL MEETING AT 8:15 AT THE GAZEBO.
Each event will start as close to the posted time as allowed. Subsequent races will not start until after the last runner has finished, times uploaded into the computer, and the timing system returned to the head timer.
Boxes are assigned by random draw and written on the meet packet.
The starter will be the Athletic Director, Mr. Brian Harshany. The meet referee is Richard Skirball (IHSA #33914). Illinois coaches are required to post a rating at www.ihsa.org web site. The Head Timer is Harold Dix (USATF Certified official).
An Athletic Trainer will be on site near the gazebo. If you require the assistance of the trainer, find an official with a radio to call for assistance.
AFTER THE MEET IS COMPLETED
Results for each race will be posted on the wall of the gazebo. Do not disturb the officials at the scorer's table during the races, as they want to tabulate and post the results in a timely manner.
Each team will receive another envelope with each race's results and team scores that may be picked up by the scorer's table after the awards are given. Included in this packet is a team summary for each athlete as well, to assist the coaches in checking individual performances. Everything will be ready for coaches to pick up at the conclusion of th awards ceremony.
If you have any questions, please see one of the meet officials, or Coach Tom Miller or Assistant Coach Richard Skirball
Have a good meet.
Entries will not be published for this meet
Charts & Hypothetical Scores
Watch a video or read about these exciting meet result features!
Other meets at this location
- 2016 43rd Annual Granite City Invitational - Saturday, September 3, 2016
- 2016 Varsity vs. Alumni Challenge - Saturday, August 13, 2016
- 2015 Granite City Invitational - Saturday, September 5, 2015
- 2015 Granite City Invitational Open Race - Saturday, September 5, 2015
- 2015 Varsity vs. Alumni Challenge - Saturday, August 15, 2015
- 2014 41st Annual Granite City Invitational - Saturday, September 6, 2014
- 2014 GCHS Varsity vs. Alumni Challenge - Saturday, August 16, 2014
- 2013 40th Annual Granite City Invitational - Saturday, September 7, 2013
- 2013 Varsity vs. Alumni Challenge - Saturday, August 17, 2013
- 2012 Granite City Invitational - Saturday, September 1, 2012
- 2012 Varsity vs. Alumni Time Trial - Saturday, August 11, 2012
- 2011 Granite City Invitational - Saturday, September 3, 2011
- 2011 Warrior Alumni Time Trial - Saturday, August 13, 2011
- 2010 Granite City Invitational - Saturday, September 4, 2010
- 2010 Alumni Time Trial - Saturday, August 14, 2010
- 2009 Granite City Invitational - Saturday, September 5, 2009
- 2009 Time Trial - Saturday, August 15, 2009
- 2008 IHSA AAA Regional - Saturday, October 25, 2008
- 2008 Granite City Invitational - Saturday, September 6, 2008
- 2008 Alumni Time Trial - Saturday, August 16, 2008
- 2007 IHSA 3A Regionals @ HOME - Saturday, October 20, 2007
- 2006 Granite City Invitational - Saturday, September 2, 2006
Top 10 lists for athletes in this meet