Please note the regionals are run at Wagener County Park in Harbor Beach, MI
Cross Country Regional October 4, 2011
CROSS COUNTRY REGIONAL INFORMATION
Coaches: I am looking forward to seeing you at the Regional Meet on Saturday, October 29, 2011. The following are a few suggestions and reminders. Please cover these with your athletes and all concerned.
1. If you are NOT planning to enter, please contact me.
2. Please review all information in the MHSAA Cross Country General Bulletin.
3. Absolutely no jewelry of any type may be worn. Wrist watches are acceptable this year. Please review rules on uniforms-only medical alert bands/bracelets or wedding bands are permitted.
4. All numbers will be worn on the front.
5. Please review the course before 9:45 a.m. the day of the race
6. NO ONE WILL BE ALLOWED TO LEAVE THE RACE LOCATION ( WAGENER PARK ) UNTIL ALL RACES ARE FINISHED. THOSE WHO CHOOSE TO LEAVE EARLY MUST PARK OUTSIDE THE PARK. ONCE IN THE PARK, YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO MOVE YOUR CAR FROM THE PARKING SPOT. THERE WILL BE A MINIMAL FEE OF $2.00 TO PARK YOUR VEHICLE.
7. Please take note and advise the proper individuals as to the parking information stated in #6.
8. Sending maps home with your runners should cut down with any parent or spectator confusion on the location of the park.
9. ADMISSION IS $5.00 per person or $10.00 per car. Each team is allowed admission for 12 uniformed members (12 boys and 12 girls) and three personnel (coaches, managers)
10. Animals are not allowed.
11. A course map and directions are enclosed.
12. All press and media with proper credentials will be admitted free.
13. All rules are in place for athlete and spectator safety.
14. EMS personnel will be present.
15. Photographing and video taping is permitted according to MHSAA regulations.
16. No Dressing facilities will be available.
17. MHSAA REGIONAL T-SHIRTS WILL BE SOLD
18. There will be a concession stand.
19. Local restaurants and motels ( see Harbor Beach map)
1. Little Caesar’s 135 S. Huron Ave. Pizza and Subs
2. Harbor Breeze Café State
3. Al’s Restaurant 123 S. Huron Ave Break/lunch/din
4. Subway 328 State
5. The Anchorage 139 S. Huron Ave Break/lunch/din
6. William’s Inn 1724 S. Shore Road Break/lunch/din
Motels Harbor Beach
7. Train Station Motel 2044 N. Lakeshore Rd. 1-800-344-8881
8. Randolph ’s Family Motel 722 S. State Street 1-989-479-3325
9. State Street Inn B&B 646 State Street 1-989-479-3388
Motels in Bad Axe:
Holiday Inn Express 1-989-269-5293
Econo Lodge 1-989-269-3200
Franklin Inn 1-989-269-9951
8:00 a.m. Course Open for Inspection
9:50 a.m. Girls Division 4 report to starting line for instructions.
10:00 a.m. Girls Division 4 Team Race
10:35 a.m. Girls Division 3 report to starting line for instructions.
10:45 a.m. Girls Division 3 Team Race
11:20 a.m. Boys Division 4 report to the starting line for instructions
11:30 a.m. Boys Division 4 Team Race
12:05 p.m. Boys Division 3 report to starting line for instructions
12:15 p.m. Boys Division 3 Team Race
1:00 p.m. Awards Ceremony
Wayne B. Roberts Meet Director
1245 Freiberger Road
Sandusky , Michigan . 48471