DIVISION II, III, and IV
2011 CROSS COUNTRY
1. General Information
Location: Marana High School
Date: October 29th, 2011
2. Meet Director: Joe Hajek
3. Locker room and Athletic Training facilities will be available in the gymnasium.
4. Bus/Van parking will be available in the West parking Lot. Spectators, athletes, and coaches will enter through the West campus gate.
Coaches Meeting (Gym Lobby) 7:30 am
Division II Girls Race 8:15 am
Division II Boys Race 9:00 am
Division III Girls Race 9:45 am
Division III Boys Race 10:30 am
Division IV Girls Race 11:15 am
Division IV Boys Race 12:00 pm
5. Type of Course: Grass, Dirt, Sandy Wash, Track Surface, Pavement
6. State Qualifying (The Top 50% of the Teams and Top 25 Individual Runners in a Division Race will qualify for the state meet on 11/5/11)
7. Determining Team Scores/Awards:
Only the first five members of each team shall determine the overall team score. The sixth and seventh place finishers from a team do not score points for a team but may be used in the event of a tie for team scoring. If fewer than five competitors of a team finish the race, the places of all members of that team shall be disregarded in team scoring. Awards will be presented to the Sectional Championship Team and the Top 10 Individual Finishers.
8. Number of Entries:
Each school will be allowed 7 individual entries per Boys Team and 7 individual entries per Girls Team. (Please note that ALL team members should be in matching school issued uniforms. Any items worn under the uniform need to follow the National Federation Uniform Rules and ALL athletes will be required to follow the National Federation Rules regarding wearing jewelry during competition.)
9. Please enter your student athletes into the athletic.net website for the Sectional Meet. Entry deadline is Tuesday October 25th at 6:00 pm.
10. Sectional Tournament Games Committee: TBA
Dennis Hansen Meet Referee
11. All appeals must be processed through the Meet Referee. No appeals will be processed on judgment calls made by a meet official. The Meet Referee will be the final authority on rule infractions.
Thank you and Good Luck to all!!