Welcome to the Crater/Rotary Track & Field Classic
MEET INFORMATION – Limited to 2 school athletes per event and 1 school relay team per event - enter this years times, heights or distances - please enter this year's times, distance, ot heights
1. In the 100, 200, 400, both hurdles, and relays; the slowest times will be the first heat through the fastest 8 times in the last heat. Number of heats depends on the number of entries.
2. 800 – Slowest heats may start 2 runners per lane.
3. There will be 2 heats of 1500 boys & girls/ Slowest heat will run first.
4. 2 heats of the 3000 meters for boys & girls. The slower heat will start at 10:30 for girls & 10:45 for boys. Fast heats will be start approximately 4:30 a& 4:45
5. 1600-Meter Relay will start with a 3-stagger start.
6. Field events will be run in flights.
7. The football field is artificial turf - javelin will use tip protectors, javelins available
8. Team points will be awarded by times, distances, and heights of participants Individual awards will be awarded to the best times, distances, and heights of all participants
TRACK & FIELD INFORMATION
1. The track will close and clear at 10:25 for the start of the meet (NO relay handoff practice on the track after the 10:25 closure.)
2. Coaches/spectators are not allowed at the timers stand or pickers stand
3. Coaches are not to send students/parents to the press box/track shed – business only, please.
4. Schools must furnish their own towels for locker room.
5. Due to the all-weather track, Crater will furnish the starting blocks. However, participants may use their own blocks if the blocks are fitted with 1/4-inch pyramid spikes for an all-weather track.
6. Runners may use flats or 1/8 – 1/4-inch pyramid spikes. Spikes of longer length or needle spikes will not be permitted.
7. All races will end at the same area. All races start on a corner except the hurdles, 100-meter dash and 1500.
8. Cement rings will be used for the shot put and discus. The javelin approach will be the same as the track surface. Javelin throwers must wear flats or 1/8 to 1/4-inch pyramid spikes. A contestant must either use running spikes or grind spikes down since no javelin spikes less than 1/2 inch are manufactured.
SUGGESTED QUALIFYING VARSITY DISTANCES & HEIGHTS
High Jump 5'8" Boys - 4'6" Girls Pole Vault 11' Boys – 7’6” Girls
Discus 100' Boys - 85' Girls Shot Put 38' Boys - 28' Girls
Long Jump 17' Boys - 14’ Girls Triple Jump 37' Boys - 30' Girls
Javelin 150’ Boys - 85’ Girls
SPECTATOR INFORMATION – please pass this on to your fans
Admission will be charged – Adults $5.00 & Students $3.00 children 5 & under free
Programs available - $3.00
Classic T-shirts on sale - $10
No dogs allowed in the facilities
Spectators must stay off the track and competitive fields
Further information, please call or email:
Crater Athletic Office FAX 541-494-6393