2011 DON WALKER INVITATIONAL - Nyssa Oregon
(1) ENTRIES: Each school will be allowed 3 entries in each running and jumping events, 1 relay and unlimited number of entries for the throws.
(2) All entries need to be done at www.athletic.net
This is the ONLY entry option. Entries are due by 7:00 PM Wednesday March 30th. If your athletes don’t have a time in a running event, estimate a time for them.
No adds at the meet.
Heats and lane assignments will stay as posted unless scratches can lower the number of heats.
ENTRY FEE: The fee will be $75 per school or $10 per athlete. Make checks payable to:
Nyssa High School
Attn: Luke Cleaver
824 Adrian Blvd
AWARDS: Team trophies will be given to the top boys and girls teams. Medals will be given to the top two places in each event and ribbons through 6th place.
1:00 Field 2:30 Running
TIMING: All races will be run using fully automated timing (FAT).
Because we are trying to run an early season Varsity level meet all field events will be run in flights and all throws will be measured. There will be four attempts in the throws and horizontal jumps and no finals.
Buses can drop off kids by the track. Spectators must park in front of the gym and enter through the foyer.
For more information
School phone number (541)372-2287
Order of events
12:15 Scratch Meeting in clerk’s circle
1:00 BOYS GIRLS
Javelin Discus (2 Pits)
Long Jump (2 Pits) Long Jump (2 Pits)
High Jump Pole Vault
Following other gender
Pole Vault High Jump
Discus (2 Pits) Javelin
Triple Jump (1 Pit) Triple Jump (1 Pit)
Shot (1 Pit) Shot (1 Pit)
Running events start at 2:30 with the regular Oregon order of events. The estimated finish time is around 7:30 p.m.
4 x 100r,
4 x 400r
Because of the large number of participants, athletes must be ready to compete when their name is called.
- There will be 5 minutes warm-up between flights in the field events
- Absolutely no warm-ups once a flight has started in the jumps and throws.
- Athletes must check in before their flight starts and check out if going to another event.
- Athletes may ask to take multiple attempts in a row to avoid conflicts with other field events.
- Do not leave a field event at 1st call of a running event.
- Runners should report to the clerk circle at 2nd call.
High Jump ‘5 ‘4
Pole Vault ‘8 ‘6