2012 Central Valley Relays
Saturday, February 25, 2012
Enclosed you will find meet entry information for the 1st Annual Dinuba Central Valley Relays. This year the meet will be held on Saturday, February 25, 2012 at Dinuba High School. Start time for field events will be 10:30am with track events beginning at 11:00am
To avoid any confusion, please read all of the information before filling out and sending in your entries.
Meet Entry Information:
1. Format: Please see schedule for list of events. All races, with the exception of the open 100-meter race and hurdle events, will be scored in a ‘relay’ fashion. That is to say, all field and distance (800/1600) events that are not traditional relays will be scored using a team’s top two scorers to form one ‘relay’ team (a team may enter up to three athletes in each non "baton" style relay and 2 teams in a 'baton' style relay). Field events will take the total distance/height of a pair of athletes to form one score, while running events will combine the total time.
2. Schedule: Please review the time schedule. We will try to keep the meet moving and on time.
3. Marks: Being that this is the first meet of the season for many teams, competitor marks are not needed. If you would like a runner in the faster heats in one of the open events, you are welcome to put the athlete’s best mark from last season in, but are not required to. All relay events will be seeded using random lane assignments.
4. Entries: All entries need to be done online at athletic.net by Tuesday, February, 21, 2012 at 9:00pm.
5. Opening Heights: Pole Vault (Girls=6’0”/Boys=8’0”)
High Jump (Girls=4’4”/Boys=4’10”)
6. Minimum Throws: Shot (Girls=25’0”/Boys=30’0”) Any throw shorter than the minimum will not be marked.
7. You will be notified during the week of the meet regarding the status of your entries. If you do not receive an email by noon of Friday, February 24 confirming your entries, please contact Lucas Lichtenwaldt at (559) 284-0134 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org immediately.
8. Fees: Entry fees are $6.00 per athlete per individual event and $15.00 per relay team. For those schools with large number of entries, meet management has instituted a maximum entry fee of $200.00. Please make checks payable to Dinuba High School Track and Field.
9. Awards: Medals will be given to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place in all individual and relay races.
10. Results: Finish Lynx automatic timing will be used and results will be posted on the restrooms behind the Finish Line as the meet goes on. We will also be using a display clock with our timing system.
11. Each team will be responsible for working one field event (i.e. frosh/soph long jump, varsity girls high jump, varsity boys pole vault, etc.)
The Dinuba High School Track and Field Program looks forward to having your team attend our meet. We are now preparing to put on a very successful meet that you will be happy to attend many years to come.
Thank you for your interest in our meet, and good luck with you upcoming season.
Work: (559) 595-7363
Cell: (559) 284-0134