Charles A. Gray - Scottie Classic
Site: Alma College - Bahlke Field
Date: Saturday, May 12, 2012
Time: Running Events - 10:00am Field Events - 10:00am
North: US-127 - First Alma Exit - Wright Avenue - Right on Iowa Street - to site.
East: M-46 - Left on Wright Avenue - Right on Iowa Street - to site.
South: US-127 - First Alma Exit - Turn right (west) - Right on Wright Avenue - Left on Iowa - to site.
West: M-46 - Right on Wright Avenue - right on Iowa - to site.
Bus Parking: Park on grassy area north of the stadium.
Spectator Parking: Parking lots are west of stadiun, south of stadium, and some parking north of the stadium.
Coaches Meeting: 9:30 at the start/finish line.
Packet Pick Up: At the tent on the finish line when you arrive.
Divisions: Four (4) divisions based on the MHSAA guidelines. You can see the team currently entered on Athletic.net.
Entry Fees: $225 covers both boys and girls teams. Make checks payable to Alma College and send to Gordie Aldrich, Alma College, 219 Hogan, 614 West Superior, Alma, MI 48801. Or, you can deliver the payment the day of the meet.
Admission: $5.00 - Pre-school free.
T-Shirts: Quality t-shirts will be available for $12.00.
1. Medals: 25 to the top two (2) teams per division and three (3) individual and relay medals per event.
2. Trophies: Champion and Runner-up in each division.
Entries: Three (3) athletes per individual event and one (1) relay team per relay event.
Entry Deadlines and procedures:
1. All entries will be online at www.athletic.net.
2. All INITIAL entries are due on Sunday, May 6 by 9:00pm.
3. Perfiormance lists will be visible on the www.athletic.net web page as entries are made.
4. All FINAL entries can be made up to Thursday, May 10 at 9:00pm.
5. NOTE: Absolutely NO additions after Thursday!!!!! You can substitute one of your runners for someone already entered. For example, Sally Jones is in the 100m Hurdles and gets the flu. Alice Cramden can take her place in the event - check in as Sally and I will change the names after the meet.
1. Every event scores all athletes.
Individual Events: Example, 6 schools / 18 athletes / scored 18 down to 1.
Relay Events: Example, 6 schools / scores 36 down to 6.
2. Heats will be designed with all runners competing together. Team points, trophies, and medals will be awarded by division.
Shoes: 1/4" spikes maximum.
1. High Jump and Pole Vault - 5 alive.
2. Long Jump - runners will wear numbers.
3. Shot Put and Discus Throw -
1. Four (4) attempts - no finals. (1-1-1-1) Seeded shorter to farther.
2. Weigh in under the bleachers starting at 8:30am.
3. Girls will throw on the East Circles. Boys will throw on the North Circles.
4. Because of the large number of throwers one half of a gender will throw discus while the other half puts the shot. The field will be reversed when the first session is done.
4. Running Events: All are timed finals.
Time Schedule: Running and Field events all start at 10:00am.
1. Field Events:
1. Girls Throws - East Circles - 1/2 will throw discus and 1/2 will put the shot - then flip flop.
2. Boys Throws - North Circles - same as girls.
3. Pole Vault - Girls / Boys
4. Long Jump - Boys / Girls
5. High Jump - Girls / Boys together. Boys will jump in the blue pit and girls in the red pit.
2. Running Events: Rolling schedule - as fast as we can go. Boys race first.
4x800 - 2 heats.
HH - 18 heats.
100 - 18 heats.
4x200 - 6 heats - green/green/yellow.
1600 - 6 heats.
4x100 - 6 heats - yellow/yellow/yellow.
400 - 18 heats.
300H - 18 heats.
800 - 6 heats.
200 - 18 heats.
3200 - 4 heats.
4x400 - 6 heats - blue stagger/blue/blue.
I will poublish the bar raises for the HJ and PV when I get the MHSAA standards.
1. Initial entries - Sunday, May 6 at 9:00pm
2. Final entries - Thursday, May 10 at 9:00pm
Gordie Aldrich - 989.330.6091 C - 989.463.7074 O - 989.743.6515 H - email@example.com
Matt Chovanec - 989.576.0665 C - firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark Merlo - 989.330.1735 C - email@example.com
Phil Eichbauer - 989.620.1525 - firstname.lastname@example.org