BOB NEWLAND CLASSIC
APRIL 27, 2012
1. The New New South Medford High School track has 8 lanes and is an all-weather surface. Quarter inch spikes or flats only for all running events.
2. Entries are limited to two athletes (freshmen / sophomores only) per individual event and one relay team in each relay event (no additional entries). We will finalize the heats at the scratch meeting and post for athletes and coaches.
3. All 17 events will be run, following the OregonState order of events, girls to precede boys except where noted in the time schedule.
4. All events will be run following the National Federation Rules Book guidelines unless stated here.
5. No competitor may participate in more than 4 events including individual events and relays.
6. A maximum of 6 heats will be run in the 100, 200, 400, both hurdle races, three heats will be run in the 800 and both relays, and 1 heat in the 1500 and 2 heats of the 3000. All races will be seeded based on entry times…the top performers seeded in final heat in each event.
7. 1600 relay will start on a three turn stagger.
8. Field events will be run in flights BY SCHOOLS, top 9 competitors to finals.
9. Team points will be awarded based on place in each event and championship trophies awarded to the top 2 teams in each division at the end of the meet.
10. Individual awards will be given based on performance, places 1st – 8th, medals to 1st and ribbons to 2nd – 8th.
11. Coaches will not be allowed at the timers or pickers stand. If a question arises concerning the running of the meet please see Mark Losinski or Bill Rowan to address problems. Keep in mind our officials are volunteering to help athletes perform…be kind to our officials.
12. Starting heights for the: Pole Vault…boys 9-0, girls 6-0. High Jump…boys 5-0, girls 4-0
13. Starting blocks will be provided.
14. At the conclusion of the meet, results will be available, including marks for every athlete and team score. Individual results will be uploaded to Athletic.net within 1 hour.
15. Coaches will be allowed on the field to help athletes. Please do not interfere with the running of the event. Parents and non-participating athletes will be asked to sit in the stands off the infield.
16. F.A.T. timing will be used for all races run in lanes. Hand times will be recorded for the 800, 1500, 3000
If you need further information, please call:
Dennis Murphy, Athletic Director, S.M.H.S., (541) 842-3685
Mark Losinski, Head Track Coach, S.M.H.S., Home (541) 842-3720
1. Please post your entries online, using, Athletic.net . Your entries must be posted by Tuesday, April 24. Any changes after 9:00am, April 24th please email to Mark prior to arrival.
If you have questions contact Mark Losinski
Contact information: Mark Losinski,
E-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Heats will be seeded by times posted on Athletic .net. Please include athlete’s best time, distance or height for so events can be seeded correctly.
3. Please include a check to cover your team’s entry fee. The entry fee for this meet is $4.00 per athlete (not to exceed $160). Make check out to SouthMedfordHigh School.
THINGS TO REMEMBER!
1. ENTRIES POSTED ON Athletic.net by April 24th.
2. Send or bring with you a check to cover the entry fee (see above).
FIELD EVENT FLIGHTS BY SCHOOL
(Top 9 performers will advance to the finals)
GROUP A GROUP B GROUP C GOUP D
ASHLAND GRANTS PASS KLAMATH UNION ROGUE RIVER
CASCADE CHRISTIAN HENLY NORTH MEDFORD ROSEBURG
CRATER HIDDEN VALLEY NORTH VALLEY SOUTH MEDFORD
EAGLE POINT ILLINOIS VALLEY PHOENIX ST MARY'S
SHELDON NEW HOPE CHRISTIAN
FLIGHT ORDER FOR EACH EVENT
SHOT PUT FLIGHTS DISCUS FLIGHTS JAVELIN FLIGHTS
A C B
B D C
C A D
D B A
LONG / TRIPLE JUMP BOYS FLIGHTS LONG / TRIPLE JUMP GIRLS FLIGHTS
There will be a 10 minute warm up period between each flight. Please stay out of the event area when your group is not performing. Finalist will be called following the trials.