We are excited for the Husky Invite on Friday. We have 13 teams coming and have decided to open the meet to 4 entries per team. I have attached two schedules for you. One is with times for each event and the other is just a schedule with the start time for each session. We will try to follow the schedule with times for each event. It should be pretty close. We will have a break to eat from 3:30-4:30. If you have any questions please let me know.
Could you please email me back, so I know you have received the information about 4 entries.
Track & Field Meet
Friday March 16th 2012
Horizon High School 5601 E. Greenway Rd. Scottsdale, AZ 85254
• Mike Gleason- Horizon High School
• Adults- $5.00 Students- $4.00 AIA passes welcomed
• All entries will be submitted online through Athletic.net. Please ensure that you have
entered all of your athletes correctly as we will not be allowing any changes the day of
the meet. You must have all of your entries submitted to Athletic.net by noon on
Thursday March 15, 2012.
• Each school will be allowed to enter three competitors in each event and one relay. A
fast and slow heat will be run for all track races that do not have prelims.
• There will be no changes the day of the meet.
• Heat and Flight assignments will made available on Friday March 16, 2012
• 8 lane all weather track
• All weather runways for LJ, TJ and PV
• Concrete shot and discus rings
• All weather take off area for HJ
• Lanes will be assigned for the preliminary races in the 100, 200, 400 and hurdle races.
• The 8 fastest times will advance to finals.
• The track event check in area is located on the infield by the south endzone.
• The 1600 m relay will be run using a 3 turn stagger.
• Long and Triple Jump: We will have an open pit. Each athlete will get 3 preliminary
jumps, with the top 9 marks advancing to finals where they will receive 3 additional
• High Jump: Starting height for girls 4'0” and boys 4'10”.
• Pole Vault: Starting height for girls 6'0” and boys 8'6”.
• Shot and Discus: Athletes will be put into flights of 6. Each athlete will get 3 preliminary
throws with the top 9 marks advancing to finals where they will receive 3 additional
• $300 for both boys and girls teams. Make checks payable to Horizon High School.