Riverside Track & Field Invitational
Saturday, April 27, 2013
Medals for the first place finisher in all events
Ribbons for places 2 through 8
Separate 1st place Trophies for the Boys and Girls Teams
Plaques for the Most Valuable Male and Female Athletes
Entry fees will again be as follows:
Boys and Girls Teams ($100.00 fee)
Boys Team Only ($50.00 fee)
Girls Team Only ($50.00 fee)
Individuals Only ($10.00 per participant)
Please register your team for the meet via athletic.net.
Team Entry Fees must be received by Friday, April 19th so the awards may be purchased and ready for the invitational. Exceptions can be made for those that are bringing individual athletes rather than a complete team. I do ask that you contact me if this is the case.
EVENT ENTRIES ARE DUE BY MIDNIGHT, WEDNESDAY, APRIL 24th VIA
Additional Meet Information
1. Limit your team entries to 2 Athletes per event, 1 relay team per school. Do not enter the weight-man’s relay on athletic.net. (Entries must be completed by Midnight on Wednesday April, 24 via athletic.net)
2. The first heat will be the fastest heat based upon seed times. The running events will be seeded after scratches have been made on Saturday morning. This will help to ensure that the heats are as full as possible.
3. There will be three calls for an event. The staging area for all running events will be near the start of the 100m on the south end of the track. It is important that the athletes check in early so heats can be collapsed if needed to keep the heats full. Check in, for the field events, occurs at the corresponding event site.
4. The 800m, 1600m, and 3200m races will all use a one turn stagger alley start. Odd hip numbers will use the inside alley, and even hip numbers will use the outside alley.
5. Scoring will be as follows: 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.
6. ¼ inch spikes are the maximum length that is allowed on any of the track or synthetic surfaces. This includes the javelin runway (The longer spikes do severe damage to the runway surfaces). The track surface is brand new; please help to preserve it for the future.
7. All top 8 placing athletes in an event will be asked to report to the awards stand shortly following its conclusion. 1st place earns a medal and 2nd – 8th places earn ribbons in all events.
8. Team tents and awnings can be placed on the grass areas surrounding the track. Please no tents on the infield.
9. The infield will be used as a warm up area.
10. Athletes must check out with the official prior to leaving a field event to partake in a different event.
11. Each athlete will receive three attempts in the field events. The top 8 will make finals and receive 3 more attempts.
12. Throwers must provide their own legal implements.
Coaches meeting will occur at 9:15 AM
All field events will begin at 10:00 AM
Running Events will begin at 10:30 AM
Running Event Order
The Running Events begin at 10:30 with girls 3200m run. The remaining running events are to follow.
1) Girls 3200m
2) Girls 4 x 200m (relay)
3) Boys 110m Hurdles
4) Girls 100m Hurdles
5) Boys 100m
6) Girls 100m
7) Boys 1600
8) Girls 1600
9) Boys 4 x 100m (relay)
10) Girls 4 x 100m (relay)
11) Boys 400m
12) Girls 400m
13) Boys 300m Hurdles
14) Girls 300m Hurdles
15) Boys 800m
16) Girls 800m
17) Boys 200m
18) Girls 200m
19) Boys 3200m
20) Boys 4 x 400m (relay)
21) Girls 4 x 400m (relay)
22) Boys Thrower 4 x 100 Relay (assemble at the line)
23) Girls Thrower 4 x 100 Relay (assemble at the line)
Field Event Order
Field Events will begin at 10:00 AM
SHOTPUT Boys first. Girls follow
JAVELIN Boys first. Girls follow
DISCUS Girls first. Boys follow
HIGH JUMP Girls jump first, 4’ starting height.
Boys follow, 5’ starting height.
POLE VAULT Girls first, 6’6” starting height.
Boys follow, 8’6” starting height.
LONG JUMP Boys jump at the north pit, by the finish line. Triple
TRIPLE JUMP Girls jump at the south pit, by the high jump, Long