Admission: Adults: $5. Children: $3.
In the 100, 200, 400, 800 and both hurdles the slowest times will be the first heat and the fastest times will be the final heat. The number of heats depends on the numbers of entries.
If necessary, there will be two heats of the 800 (two for boys and two for girls). For the 1500 and 3000 there will be one heat for boys and one heat for girls.
1600m relay will be run with a three-turn stagger.
Field events will be run in flights. The top nine (9) performances from the preliminaries will advance to finals.
Team points will be awarded by times, distances and heights from participants from invited schools. Trophies will be awarded to the top two (2) teams.
Individual awards will be awarded to the best times, distances and heights of all participants. Medals will be awarded to event champions and ribbons will be awarded to 2nd through 8th place finishers in each event.
The meet will run according to the time schedule. The time schedule may be adjusted after entries are received to reflect actual number of heats.
There will be a Weightman's Relay at the conclusion of the 4x400.
PLEASE REVIEW CAREFULLY
You must register for the meet on-line at www.athletic.net.
If you have yet to enter a roster on the site you will need to set up an account and do that before you can register for the meet. It is easy and will end up saving you a ton of time after the initial set-up.
If you have not already used this site, log on, sign in and watch the tutorial for meet entries.
After the meet, we will upload the results so coaches will not have to enter individual results for their teams.
Have your final entries on the site by Tuesday, April 21 at 4:00PM.
¨ This will give meet management time to import them in to Hy-Tek and get an idea about the number of heats and flights, and to help finalize a time schedule.
¨ You can make changes on the site until 9:00 AM on the day of the meet.
¨ Please take care of as many scratches, substitutions, etc., before the 9:00 AM deadline.
¨ NO ADDITIONS WILL BE ALLOWED ON MEET DAY AFTER THE 9:00 AM deadline. Scratches and substitutions ONLY!
Cost will be $60 per team to help pay for ribbons, medals and trophies. Please send or bring a check.
Make the check payable to Siuslaw High School.
Attn: Janet Perkins/Siuslaw HS/2975 Oak Street/Florence/OR/97439.
Track and Field Information:
1. Coaches will not be allowed at timers/pickers stand.
2. Press box is for business only.
3. Schools must furnish their own towels.
4. Due to the all weather track Siuslaw High School will furnish the starting blocks.
5. Athletes may use flats or 1/8 to 1/4 pyramid spikes. Spikes of longer length will not be permitted. We will have 1/4 inch pyramid spikes on sale for $.05 per spike (at the concession stand).
6. All races will end at the same area. All races start on corners except for the high hurdles and the 100m.
7. Cement rings will be used for the shot put and discus throw. The javelin approach is the same as the track surface. Javelin throwers must wear flats or 1/8 to 1/4 inch pyramid spikes.
8. High Jump opening heights will be 4'0" for girls and 5'0" for boys. Pole Vault opening heights will be 6-6 for girls and 9-6 for boys.
9. Entries will be limited to three (3) per school per event.
10. All times recorded with hundredths will be FAT. Our back-up system will be hand-timed and will be recorded in tenths only.
11. All of our throwing sectors are in the infield. For safety reasons please advise your athletes to be aware of live throwing sectors.
12. All non-competitors MUST stay out of the infield.
13. Running event competitors must check in to the clerk's circle on second call. The clerk's circle is the big blue tent by the finish line.
14. Field event competitors must report to the field event on second call.
If you need further information please call Chris Johnson at 541.902.8872 (home), 541.997-5485 (school) or 541.991.0217 (mobile).