Gilchrist High School
P.O. Box #668
Gilchrist, OR 97737
To: High School Track Coaches
RE: Gilchrist Invitational 1A Track Meet 2009
WE ARE ASKING FOR 25 DOLLARS FROM EACH SCHOOL ATTENDING TO HELP COVER THE COST OF TROPHIES ETC…
April 25, 2009.
- There will be a “Scratch Meeting” at 10:00 am.
- The meet will begin at 11:00 a.m.
- All running events will be metric.
- The order of running events will follow OSAA standards.
- Scoring will be for 8 places: Only 3 athletes per school can score in any one event.
- Ribbons will be presented to the first 8 places. Ribbons will be placed in the school addressed envelopes and presented to the coaches at the conclusion of the meet. A MVP medal will be presented to the outstanding performer of the meet (TOTAL POINTS).
- Participants in the high jump, long jump and pole vault are to wear short spikes or flats due to rubber asphalt runways and approaches.
- Each school is asked to furnish their own towels, Thank You.
- ENTRY AND EVENT RULES
- Each school will be able to enter unlimited relay teams in each race.
- Each school can enter unlimited participants in each field event. Please list years best.
- Each school can enter up to 4 participants in all races 400 meter or shorter. Please list years best.
- Each school can enter unlimited entries in races 800 meters or longer. One race with runners stacked. Please list years best.
- Order of finish will be determined by Pickers and there will be NO preliminaries.
- We will be using Athletic.net to sign up for this meet. Entries should be entered into athletic.net by 5:00 THURSDAY, April 23. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ENTERED. We will not make make changes except for scratches on Saturday morning.
- We are running prelims in field events top 9 will advance to finals.
- All races 400 meters and shorter will be run in lanes the entire race.
- In the 800 meter run, participants will be able to cut for pole position after the first turn. In the 1500 and 3000 meter runs we will use a waterfall start, Participants will be able to cut for pole position at any time, providing they do not interfere with another runner.
- It is the responsibility of your athletes to be at the proper starting point at the scheduled time, it will also be announced.
- Due to the high risk of injury in the center of the field area, all track members are to stay off the infield unless they are participating. Non-participating members unless warming up are to sit in the bleachers.
- Each school is to furnish their own field equipment and starting blocks.
- A contestant shall NOT enter more than 4 events (track and/or field). Any number of these may be relays. A contestant will not enter or compete in more than two races 800 meters or longer.
- The starting height for the high jump will be 5’0” for boys and 3’10” for girls. The bar will be advanced 2” per rising until a height of 6’0” and 5’0” is attained respectively. Then the bar will be advanced 1” per attained height.
- The starting height for the pole vault will be 8’0” for boys and 5’0” for girls. The bar will be advanced 3” per rising until 10’ height and 8’0” respectively is attained, then the bar will be advanced 3” per rising.
- There will be concessions at this meet.
Fax 541 433 2688
Phone 541 433 2295
PO BOX 668
Gilchrist, OR 97737
Show teams without results
Show results for all Teams
| Click team abbreviation to filter results to that team.