25th Annual Kiwanis Invitational
April 24th, 2010 at Kennison Field in Hermiston, Oregon
We are so excited to see all of you and your teams at the 25th Annual Kiwanis Invitational. We are working hard to make sure this meet continues to be one of your team’s most memorable competitions during the 2010 season. Can’t wait to see you and your teams on the 24th.
Below, I have listed some of the FAQ’s for this year’s meet:
1. We would like to have an initial entry deadline of 1:00pm on Wednesday, April 21st, 2010. This will give us a chance to get a rough idea of heats and flights we will need on Saturday.
2. Coaches are then expected to review and proof their entries and their seed times and marks prior to 9:00am on Friday, April 23nd, 2010. This is new as of 4/19.
3. Please make sure you use the override on your times for the relays. Athletic.net doesn’t draw out your teams best times for the season.
4. There will be no additions or substitutions made after the April 22rd deadline or on the day of the meet. Substitutions will be allowed on the day of the meet for Relay Events only.
5. Each team will be allowed two entries per event. Except in the Steeplechase, each team will be allowed three entries each.
6. We will not be weighing in the Pole Vaulters. We will be using the OSAA Pole Vault Verification Forms. For more information on this procedure go to: http://www.osaa.org/track/polevault.pdf
7. We will have a throwers relay this year. This will not be a scoring event, just an entertaining exhibition in between the 3000m and the 4x4.
8. We will be awarding an Individual High Point Award for both the boys and girls. The will also be awards for the boys and girls Team Champions.
9. All the results will be posted at www.athletic.net a couple of hours after the completion of the meet. Please inform your local newspapers and other media outlets.
10. The entry fee is $175 (this includes both boys and girls teams). Please have this paid on or before April 24th, or you will be charged a $25 late fee. You may print this off to use for your PO’s with your bookkeepers. I know that is getting up there, but the cost of awards and the hospitality room is getting expensive.
25th Annual Kiwanis Invitation
Kennison Field - April 24, 2010
Coaches Meeting in Gold Gym - 8:30 am
- 3 throws/jumps in Prelims, 3 throws/jumps in the Finals
- 9 athletes will be taken to Finals
10:00 am Girls:
Shot Put - Boys will begin 30 min after the Girls are finished.
High Jump - Boys will begin 30 min after the Girls are finished.
Discus - Girls will begin 30 min after the Boys are finished.
Javelin - Girls will begin 30 min after the Boys are finished.
Pole Vault - Girls will begin 30 min after the Boys are finished.
o Boys – East Pit
o Girls – West Pit
o The Boys Triple Jump will begin, in the East Pit, 30 min after the completion of both Long Jump competitions.
o The Girls Triple Jump will begin 30 min after the Boys are finished.
- Girls will precede Boys in all running events
- This is a Tentative, rolling time schedule. There may be adjustments prior to the day of the meet. We will try to stay close, but it will depend on how many heats there are and how fast the heats move along.)
11:00 am Boys 3000m Steeplechase
11:20 am Girls 2000m Steeplechase
11:50 am National Anthem
12:00 pm 400m Relay
12:25 pm 1500m Run
12:55 pm 100m Dash
1:50 pm 400m Dash
2:15 pm 100m/110m Kennison Hurdles
2:50 pm 800m Run
3:35 pm 200m Dash
4:05 pm 300m Int./Low Hurdles
4:35 pm 3000m Run
5:20 pm 400m Thrower’s Relay
5:35 pm 1600m Relay
5:50 pm Awards/Results