Boise High Relays/ Pat Beiter Invitational
Friday, April 23rd 2009
Boise State University
Longtime Boise State University Professor Pat Beiter was a teacher and coach at Boise High in the 1960's before he began teaching at Boise State, he was the Head Track and Field coach in 1964, 1965 and 1966 when the Braves won the State Track & Field Team Championship, the Braves did not win the State Meet again until 1996. Dr. Beiter was a beloved educator until his and his wife's tragic deaths in 1999. We have named this meet in their honor.
1. All registration will be done at www.athletic.net. Instructions for registering your team and making your entries will be on that site. Teams using Athletic.net for the first time should use the following link http://www.athletic.net/Wizard/Default.aspx?Reg=T881640 to make your team's registration a faster process. Please make all your entries by Midnight Tuesday April 20th after that time the site will be closed and no further entries or changes will be allowed. If you have any scratches or changes please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org before Noon on Thursday the 22nd so the event sheets can be printed.
2. We will post the heat and flight sheets Thursday night on this website and they will be posted in the tunnel at the center gate on the press box side of the stadium.
3. Entry fees will be $10.00 per athlete with a school maximum of $100.00. Please feel free to mail your fees to Boise High or bring them with you the day of the meet.
4. Dressing rooms will NOT be provided. Athletes may dress in the stadium restrooms.
5. Heat/flight sheets and other important information will be posted on this website and in the tunnel at the center gate on the press box side of the stadium. If you have any scratches notify us as soon as possible before 3:00pm. Scratches after 3:00pm may not cause a race to be reseeded.
6. We will limit each event to 2 entrants; per school but if you have quality athletes you would like to see in th meet send an email to email@example.com
using the 2010 season best marks and we will try to get them into the meet.
7. Starting heights in the high jump and pole vault are as follows:
High Jump 4’6” 5’6”
Pole Vault 7’00” 11’00”
8. Batons will return be awarded to the top finisher in all events and the winning relay teams. Please have a coach pick up your batons prior to leaving the stadium.
9. All field events will begin at 4:00pm. Running events will begin at 4:30.
10. Please note: Boise State requires ¼ inch pyramid spikes. No sunflower seeds on the stadium floor.
Order of Events (all running events will be Girls then Boys)
Distance Medley Relay (1200-800-400-1600)
200 m Prelims
High Hurdles Prelims
100 m Prelims
4x200 m Relay
2000 m Steeplechase*
400 m Timed Finals
High Hurdles Finals
100 m Finals
4x800 m Relay
Throwers 4x100 Relay (will combine Girls and Boys heats if the number of teams is low.)
4x100 m Relay
200 m Finals
4x400 m Relay
*Steeplechase Note: Each school will be limited to two entries maximum. Please remind your athletes during the steeplechase that if they commit an act that endangers themselves or their competitors they will be disqualified and removed from the race. In addition their school will not be allowed to enter athletes in the steeplechase for the next 3 years. We regret having to take this action, however we must protect the athletes and the other participants as well. We thank-you in advance for your understanding.
Looking forward to another great meet,
Courtney Smith, Head Track & Field Coach, Boise High School