MALE ATHELTE OF THE MEET JOEL PHILLIPS 30 PTS HOSANNA
FEMALE ATHLETE OF THE MEET LARISSA STILLINGER 34 PTS LOST RIVER
THANK TO ALL THE COACHES AND OFFICIALS FOR MAKING THSI MEET HAPPEN
Gilchrist High School
P.O. Box #
, OR 97737
To: High School Track Coaches
RE: Gilchrist Small Schools Invitational 2010
Cost: 40 dollars per school (we had to raise this fee to cover the cost of the meet)
WE WILL BE USING FAT TIMING!!!!!!!!!
May 8, 2010.
1. There will be a “Scratch Meeting” at 9:30 am.
2. The meet will begin at per the attached schedule.
3. The order of running events will follow OSAA standards.
4. Scoring will be for 8 places
5. Ribbons will be presented to the first 8 places. Ribbons will be placed in the school addressed envelopes and presented to the coaches at the conclusion of the meet. In your team leaves early we will mail them on Monday May 10. A MVP medal will be presented to the outstanding performer of the meet (TOTAL POINTS).
6. Each school is asked to furnish their own towels, Thank You.
7. The meet will be conducted by the Gilchrist Staff and students.
8. ENTRY AND EVENT RULES
a. Each school will be able to enter 1 relay team in each race.
b. Each school can enter up to 3 participants in each field event.
c. Each school can enter up to 3 participants in all races 400 meter or shorter.
d. Each school can enter unlimited entries in races 800 meters or longer. One race with runners stacked.
e. Order of finish will be determined by Pickers and there will be NO preliminaries.
f. We will be using Athletic.net to sign up for this meet. Entries should be entered into athletic.net by 5:00 Wed May 5. LATE ENTRIES WILL NOT BE ENTERED. THIS IS STRICTLY ENFORCED
g. The meet will be seeded and a meet program will be available at the scratch meeting.
h. THE WILL BE A SCRATCH ONLY MEETING- NO ADDS- You can substitute are allowed in the relays. The meeting is in room 32. The door on the north end of the school will be open and there will be signs.
i. All races 400 meters and shorter will be run in lanes the entire race.
j. In the 800 meter run, participants will be able to cut for pole position after the first turn. In the 1500 and 3000 meter runs we will use a waterfall start, Participants will be able to cut for pole position at any time, providing they do not interfere with another runner.
j. There will flights in the field events with 9 finalist in throws.
9. It is the responsibility of your athletes to be at the proper starting point at the scheduled time, it will also be announced. Athletes need to be checked in by second call.
10. Due to the high risk of injury in the center of the field area, all track members are to stay off the infield unless they are participating. Non-participating members unless warming up are to sit in the bleachers.
11. Each school is to furnish their own field equipment and starting blocks. We have blocks that you can use but not field equipment.
12. All races 400 meters or shorter will be run in heats with the fastest time and position by pickers determining the winner. Times will be kept for 800 meters or longer for as many places as we can accumulate timers for.
13. Team and individual results will be available approximately 15 minutes after the final event.
14. This invitational is for high school participants only.
15. All participants will dress in the high school boys and girls locker rooms. Please do not leave your valuables in the locker rooms!!! The locker rooms will open at 9:00 am. Athletes and coaches are not allowed in the gym area or the main school building.
16. The starting height for the high jump will be 5’0” for boys and 3’10” for girls. The bar will be advanced 2” per rising until a height of 6’0” and 5’0” is attained respectively. Then the bar will be advanced 1” per attained height.
17. The starting height for the pole vault will be 8’0” for boys and 6’0” for girls. The bar will be advanced 3” per rising until 10’ height and 8’0” respectively is attained, then the bar will be advanced 3” per rising.
18. There will be concessions at this meet.
19. Hospitality room is for coaches only.
20. Busses need to park in the assigned parking area. We have limited parking and would like to keep all busses in one area. This includes team vans etc… There is a grassy area at the north end of the field for tents, etc…
541 419 8958
Fax 541 433 2688
Phone 541 433 2295
PO BOX 668
Gilchrist, OR 97737
TIME & ORDER OF BOYS EVENTS SCHEDULE
GILCHRIST HIGH SCHOOL TRACK & FIELD MEET
9:30-10:00am. ****** Scratch meeting for running events, high school room # 32 North end of the
hall. Field Events will be changed with the field judges. No adds.
FIELD EVENTS BEGIN AT11:00 a.m.
A. DISCUS Girls first boys to follow
B. POLE VAULT Boys first with girls to follow
C. HIGH JUMP Girls first boys to follow
D. SHOT PUT Boys first girls to follow
E. LONG JUMP Boys first girls to follow
F. TRIPLE JUMP Girls first boys to follow
G. JAVELIN Boys first girls to follow
RUNNING EVENTS BEGIN AT 12:00 P.M.
GIRLS EVENTS WILL BE RUN FIRST FOLLOWED BY THE BOYS
WE WILL TRY AND FOLLOW THIS AS CLOSE AS POSSIBLE
WE MAY GET AHEAD OF OUR SELVES
12:00 --- 400 METER RELAY
12:15 --- 1500 METER RUN
12:25 --- 100 METER DASH
12:45 --- 400 METER DASH
12:55 --- 110 METER HIGH HURDLES
1:15 --- 800 METER RUN
1:25 --- 200 METER DASH
1:45 --- 300 METER LOW HURDLES
2:00 --- 3000 METER RUN
2:20 --- 1600 METER RELAY