LEAVE - Friday, April 19, 2:45 p.m. from Purdy gym.
ARRIVE - Friday, April 19, 5:45 p.m. at Yokota
*have dinner; go to bed; leave the next morning at 08:00 to Yokota Track.
DEPART - From Yokota Track after the meet.
Head to Food court for dinner
RETURN to Yokosuka at about 8:30-10:30 p.m. (depending on meet times and traffic)
*REMINDER* NOT EVERYONE will be attending this meet.
A few things:
1) If you aren't eligible this Tuesday, you can't go ...
2) If you did not show up to any training over the Spring Break, you have some explaining to do - if you weren't off island. Otherwise, you CANNOT miss any practices this week.
3) Limited to 35 males and 35 females (VARSITY COMPETITORS) on this trip...
9/15 events are sprinters (60% - 20 boys /20 girls sprinters);
4/15 events are distance (27% - 10 boys / 10 girls sprinters);
2/15 events are throwing (13% - 5 boys / 5 girls throwers)
THESE ARE APPROXIMATE NUMBERS and may change after coaches discuss if we need more or less athletes this weekend. You will receive a PERMISSION SLIP Tuesday after school if you are going to compete at this meet. You MUST return that permission slip the very next day signed by your parents acknowledging that you are allowed to go.
If you CANNOT go, then we will need to know ASAP so that we can have someone else take your spot.
Here are a few things that will be on the permission slip.
- we will leave after school on Friday at 3:00 p.m. You will have time to pack away your school items in the locker room - DO NOT LEAVE ANYTHING THAT YOU WILL NEED AFTER THE MEET. THE GYM WILL BE SECURED ALL WEEKEND.
- we will arrive in Yokota approximately 5:30-600 p.m. so we will stop at the Food court / commissary to get a good dinner and purchase breakfast items for our rooms.
- You will need approximately $30 for the trip ($10 for dinner / $10 for breakfast / $10 for dinner after the event. It is suggested that you pack some healthy snacks that aren't perishable to take with you or purchase them at the commissary when we arrive at Yokota - you will have only one hour so you must move quickly.
- bring: 1 overnight pack with a) sleeping clothes; b) uniforms and spikes; c) toiletries; d) light change of clothes ...
OPTIONAL: sleeping items (pillow/blanket) if you want to be more comfortable on the bus and at the hotels.
- HOTELS ARE COVERED BY TEAM FUNDS ...
- We will check out at 07:00 from the hotel and arrive at the Track at about 07:15 to put up tarps and tents - MEET STARTS AT 8 A.M.!!
- We will depart from Yokota track after the meet, go to Food court for dinner and head home afterward with all our gear. Arrival will be on Saturday evening at about 9-10 p.m. in Yokosuka. (very very big guess ... I have no idea how long the meet will run)
Questions? Ask whenever you get the chance -