JON BOLDEN EARNS THE GOLDEN COUGAR
The Golden Cougar is the highest award that can be earned by a Kearns Track and Field Athlete.
To earn the award an athlete must meet all of the following standards:
1. Meet all NCAA clearing House standards.
2. Meet or exceed a Golden Cougar Performance standard in one or more events. Jon has met the long jump standard jumping 22'2.5".
3. Be nominated by the Golden Cougar Association. (This is an organization of former athletes who have met the Golden Cougar Standards.)
4. Maintain an accumulative GPA of at least 3.5.
5. Have a letter of recommendation as to their academic abilities from at least two teachers.
6. Be certified as an example of hard work , dedication, and loyalty.
Bolden sets the school record in the Long Jump at 22'5"