Naches Valley Track & Field
Rules & ExpectationsI. Practices
A. All Practices are Mandatory
B. Practices are 3:00 - 5:00, Mon. - Fri. /10 – 1 on Saturdays
1. All Practices will be held at the Naches Valley Track & Field.
C. Excused Absences / Tardies
1. Doctor / Dentist Appointment
2. Sickness / Injury
3. Death in the Family
D. Unexcused Absences / Tardies
2. No practice clothes
3. Personal Reasons
E. Notification of Absences / Tardies
1. Must be made at least one day prior to practice
2. Must be in written form
3. Medical Appointments must have Doctor's note
F. Consequences for Unexcused Absence / Tardy
1. Unexcused Absence (Any Tardy greater than 10 minutes)
a. 1st Warning
b. 2nd Offense - Probation, Extra Conditioning
c. 3rd Offense - Dismissal from team
2. Unexcused Tardy (10 minutes Late or Less)
a. 1st Warning
b. 2nd Offense - Extra Conditioning
c. 3rd Offense - Probation, Extra Conditioning
d. 4th Offense - Dismissal from team
A. All athletes must ride to the meet on the team bus.
B. Athletes may not leave the Stadium facilities at any time during a track meet without Coach Blanchard’s consent.
C. Each athlete must attend practice the day prior to and the day after the meet.
D. Athletes must attend 75% of all scheduled meets to qualify for the District meet.
III. Uniform Requirements
1. Athletic shorts, shirt, warm-up/sweat-pants and warm-up/sweat-shirt.
2. No School Uniform allowed.
· PE Uniforms excepted.
3. Appropriate running shoes only (basketball & cross trainer shoes are not accepted)
· Throwers are exempt.
4. Athletes may not participate in practice with inappropriate uniform or shoes. This is considered an unexcused absence.
5. Undergarments are not to be visible at any time.
1. Assigned Uniform must be worn.
a. Black or white compression shorts may be worn underneath uniform shorts.
i. WIAA rules requires a solid color (including thread on all seams)
ii. WIAA also requires that each member of a relay team must wear the same color
iii. If there is more than one manufacture's logo on the compression shorts or undershirt, it must be covered. The covering needs to be of the same color as the shirt or shorts.
b. Rule a. above applies for Males and Females
C. All uniform items assigned are the athlete's responsibility and will be returned in proper order.
A. Being a Co-Ed extra-curricular sport, each participant is to behave in an appropriate manner. At no time shall there be any inappropriate behavior between a male and female athlete.
Athletes must adhere to the codes and standards of Naches Valley School.