BOB NEWLAND CLASSIC
APRIL 22, 2011
1. The New New South Medford High School track has 8 lanes and is an all-weather surface. Quarter inch spikes or flats only for all running events.
2. Entries are limited to two athletes (freshmen / sophomores only) per individual event and one relay team in each relay event (no additional entries). We will finalize the heats at the scratch meeting and post for athletes and coaches.
3. All 17 events will be run, following the Oregon State order of events, girls to precede boys except where noted in the time schedule.
4. All events will be run following the National Federation Rules Book guidelines unless stated here.
5. No competitor may participate in more than 4 events including individual events and relays.
6. A maximum of 6 heats will be run in the 100, 200, 400, both hurdle races, three heats will be run in the 800 and both relays, and 1 heat in the 1500 and 2 heats of the 3000. All races will be seeded based on entry times…the top performers seeded in final heat in each event.
7. 1600 relay will start on a three turn stagger.
8. Field events will be run in flights BY SCHOOLS, top 7 competitors to finals.
9. Team points will be awarded based on place in each event and championship trophies awarded to the top 2 teams in each division at the end of the meet.
10. Individual awards will be given based on performance, places 1st – 6th, medals to 1st and ribbons to 2nd – 6th.
11. Coaches will not be allowed at the timers or pickers stand. If a question arises concerning the running of the meet please see Mark Losinski or Bill Rowan to address problems. Keep in mind our officials are volunteering to help athletes perform…be kind to our officials.
12. Starting heights for the:
Pole Vault…boys 9-0, girls 6-0. High Jump…boys 5-0, girls 4-0
13. Starting blocks will be provided.
14. At the conclusion of the meet, results will be available, including marks for every athlete and team score. Individual results will be uploaded to Athletic.net within 1 hour.
15. Coaches will be allowed on the field to help athletes. Please do not interfere with the running of the event. Parents and non-participating athletes will be asked to sit in the stands off the infield.
16. F.A.T. timing will be used for all races run in lanes. Hand times will be recorded for the 800, 1500, 3000.
If you need further information, please call:
Dennis Murphy, Athletic Director, S.M.H.S., (541) 842-3685
Mark Losinski, Head Track Coach, S.M.H.S., cell (541) 951-0044 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting (541) 951-0044 end_of_the_skype_highlighting
South Medford High School Track and Field
Newland Classic Frosh/Soph Time Schedule
All athletes should pay attention to the order of events. It is entirely possible the competition may go slightly ahead of or behind schedule.
F I E L D E V E N T S
4:00p Long Jump, Girls (pit 1)
4:00p Long Jump, Boys (pit 2)
4:00p High Jump, Girls
4:00p Discus, Girls
4:00p Shot Put, Boys
3:30p Javelin, Boys
4:00p Pole Vault, Boys
6:00p Pole Vault, Girls
6:00p Shot Put, Girls
5:30p Javelin, Girls
6:00p Discus, Boys
6:30p Triple Jump. Girls (pit 1)
6:30p High Jump, Boys
6:30p Triple Jump, Boys (pt 2)
R U N N I N G E V E N T S
4:40p 3000m Run, Girls (heat 1)
4:45p 3000m Run, Boys (heat 1)
5:00p 400m (4x100m) Relay, Girls
5:15p 400m (4x100m) Relay, Boys
5:30p Perry Custance Memorial Mile, Girls
5:50p Perry Custance Memorial Mile, Boys
6:10p 100m Dash, Girls
6:25p 100m Dash, Boys
6:40p 400m Dash, Girls
6:55p 400m Dash, Boys
7:30p 100m High Hurdles, Girls
7:40p 110m High Hurdles, Boys
7:50p 800m Dash, Girls
8:05p 800m Dash, Boys
8:20p 200m Dash, Girls
8:35p 200m Dash, Boys
8:50p 300m Low Hurdles, Girls
9:00p 300m Intermediate Hurdles, Boys
9:10p 3000m Run, Girls (heat 2)
9:25p 3000m Run, Boys (heat 2)
9:40p 1600m (4x400m) Relay, Girls
9:55p 1600m (4x400m) Relay, Boys
Coaches please note the early start time for the boys javelin (3:30). We do not have lights on the javelin area and need to finish this event before dark!
A reminder: this is a frosh /soph meet only and there are only 2 entries per team allow