BROOKINGS-HARBOR ROTARY INVITATIONAL - APRIL 9, 2011
Thank you for choosing our annual track meet. We will be using www.athletic.net to compile all entries. If you haven't registered your team with them you must do so before you can enter. Deadline for entries is Wed. April 6 by 3:00 p.m. There is a modest $75.00 entry fee for our meet. Mail it to the High School or bring it to the scratch meeting at 9:15 the day of the meet. Substitutions and scratches only the day of the meet. If you have a problem and have to add a athlete after the Wed. deadline you can call me at 541-469-6428 and we will see what we can work out. We will upload the results back to athletic.net shortly after the conclusion of the meet, so inform your local media where to look. Entries are limited to 3 per event and 1 relay per school.
AWARDS--Medals to all 1st place finishers and ribbons for 2-6. Trophies for the 1st and 2nd place boys&girls teams. Outstanding Boy and Girl awards given to the athletes with the most points scored.
SCORING--To 8 places 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1
OPENING HEIGHTS--High Jump Girls 4'0 Boys 5'0 Pole Vault Girls 6'0 Boys 7'0
FIELD EVENTS-3 flights with the top 9 to finals. We have turned the Javelin runway this year so its back on track surface.
10:00 start--Girls pole vault-high jump-long jump-discus Boys--javelin-shot put-long jump
11:30 start--Boys pole vault-high jump
12:00 start--Girls javelin-shot put-triple jump Boys discus-triple jump
Running Events-- Start at 11:00
TRACK EVENTS--All runners must check in by 2nd call to the clerk in the BRUIN tent. Only 1/4 pyramid spikes allowed. We have a new set of starting blocks this season. In case of bad weather we can use the Indoor Sports Building for warmups, no speaker system so dont miss your race. NO SPIKES OR CLEATS IN THE NEW SPORTS BUILDING
1. Please keep all non-competing athletes off the field. Coaches are allowed as long as they behave. If its flagged, its for a reason.
2. We use the Pyro-Flash timing system so everyone needs to stay clear of the FINISHLINE AREA
3. Concession stand will be open
4. Locker room and showers are available but you must bring your own towels and an adult / coach to supervise.
5. Press Box is for meet buisness only, results will be posted by the snack shacks as soon as possible.
6. All the help are volunteers please be polite and thank them if you get a chance.
7.PLEASE CLEAN YOUR AREA OF GARBAGE AT THE CONCLUSION OF THE MEET, THANK YOU
Thank you again for selecting our meet and good luck with the rest of your season, any questions don't hesitate to call.
Joe Sthen BHHS Track Coach- 541-469-6428