CEHALIS ACTIVATORS TRACK AND FIELD CLASSIC 2008
April 18 & 19, 2008
Many of you have been regular participants in our Chehalis Activators Track and Field Classic. We hope you plan to be a part of the 2008 meet, April 18-19. The procedures for meet entries have changed but the meet format and sponsor has not.
Please confirm your participation in the 2008 Chehalis Activators Classic by sending the following information to Scott Chamberlain, WF West Athletic Director at email@example.com.
1. School Name and Phone number
2. Head Coach's Name, Email address (required), daytime phone and evening phone.
2. Athletic Directors Name, Email address, office phone number.
3. Alternate Contact (assistant coach) Name, Email Address, day and evening phone.
4. Please put your School Name in the Subject line.
1. Meet Confirmation will close on March 30th.
2. All Meet Entries must be entered by MIDNIGHT, Sunday, April 13th.
3. No changes of marks for Direct Entry events will be accepted after Sunday, April 13th.
4. Corrections to non Direct Entry events will be accepted until Noon on Wednesday, April 16th.
5. Entry fee must be received at W.F. West H.S. by Thursday April 17th.
1. After all entries have been received, entrants in each event will be listed and ranked from best mark to poorest mark. All entrants will then be seeded into heats or flights.
2. Direct Entry Events: 800, 1600, 3200, High Jump, Pole Vault. The 9 best marks in these events will be seeded directly into the Classic meet on Saturday. The direct entries will be posted on the web site by 3 PM on Wednesday, April 16th. If an athlete may possibly qualify as a direct entry and can not compete on Saturday then Please make note of that on your Meet Entry email. Such an athlete will be allowed to compete unattached Friday night, but will not place or count for scoring. Only marks from the current season prior to April 16th are valid.
3. Friday evening, April 18th, all heats and flights will be listed in a program. Athletes must compete in their assigned heat or flight. Entrants qualifying in the Direct Event Entries will be listed as Classic Finalists for Saturday. Finalist in all other events for Friday night Finals and Saturday Classic will be determined by the Friday night prelims.
4. In the shot put, discus, javelin, long jump, and triple jump, each contestant will be given two (2) preliminary attempts. The Athletes with the nine best marks will qualify for the Classic and will return for the medals meet on Saturday at 12:00. The next nine will receive one more preliminary attempt. At that point, the top seven will go to the Friday Finals which will follow immediately. In the Classic event on Saturday, each contestant will be given four (4) final attempts.
5. On Friday night the 800, 1600, 3200, high jump, and pole vault will be run as finals.
6. Please note that there will be ribbons and team championship trophies on Friday evening. There will be medals and team championship trophies awarded Saturday afternoon.
7. The entry fee will be $60.00 per team, or $100.00 per school if both boys and girls teams attend. $10.00 for each athlete will work for schools with less than 6 entries. Fee due by April 17th. Mail to WF West Athletic Department, 342 SW 16th, Chehalis, WA 98532.