2009 Riverside Invitational
Saturday, April 25
I would like to extend this invitation to your teams to participate in the 2009 Riverside Track and Field Invitational. The logistics of the meet are as follows:
- Medals for the top 3 places in all events
- Ribbons for places 4 through 8
- Separate Trophies for the Boys and Girls Team for 1st through 3rd
- Plaques for the Most Valuable Male and Female Athletes
(More meet information on the following page)
Entry fees will again be as follows:
- Boys and Girls Teams ($100.00 fee)
- Boys Team Only ($50.00 fee)
- Girls Team Only ($50.00 fee)
- Individuals Only ($10.00 per participant)
To confirm your teams’ participation in this year’s Invitational please complete the attached entry form, and fax it to me at (509) 464-8556, or return it via e-mail.
Team Entry Fees must be received by Friday, March 27 so that the awards may be purchased and ready for the invitational. Exceptions can be made for those that are bringing individual athletes rather than a complete team. I do ask that you contact me if this is the case.
IF you have any questions please feel free to call or e-mail. My personal e-mail address is listed above in the event that my school e-mail account bounces your message back.
TEAM REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS FRIDAY, MARCH 27
EVENT ENTRIES ARE DUE BY 10:00 AM ON WEDNESDAY, APRIL 22 VIA
Additional Meet Information
1. Limit your team entries to 3 Athletes per event, 1 relay team per school (including weight person’s relay). (Entries must be completed by 10:00 AM on Wednesday April, 22 via athletic.net)
2. Scoring will be as follows: 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1. All events will be scored.
3. ¼ inch spikes are the maximum length that is allowed on any of the track or synthetic surfaces. This includes the javelin runway (The longer spikes do severe damage to the runway surfaces).
4. All top 8 placing athletes in an event will be asked to report to the awards stand shortly following its conclusion. 1-3 places earn medals and 4-8 places earn ribbons in all events.
5. Team tents and awnings can be placed on the grass areas surrounding the track. Please no tents on the infield.
6. The infield will be used as a warm up area.
7. There will be three calls for an event. The staging are for all running events will be near the start of the 100m on the south end of the track. Check in, for the field events, occurs at the corresponding event site.
8. Athletes must check out with the official prior to leaving a field event to partake in a different event.
9. In field events, all athletes will receive 4 attempts. There will be no finals.
10. Throwers must provide their own legal implements.
Coaches meeting will occur at 9:15 AM
All field events will begin at 10:00 AM
Running events time schedule will be sent at a later date due to wheelchair event choice and participation. (Start time will most likely be between 10:00 and 10:30).
SHOTPUT Boys first. Girls follow
JAVELIN Boys first. Girls follow
DISCUS Girls first. Boys follow
HIGH JUMP Girls jump first, 4’2” starting height.
Boys follow, 5’2” starting height.
POLE VAULT Girls first. Boys follow.
LONG JUMP Boys jump at the north pit, by the finish line. Triple
Jump follows. Girls jump at the south pit, by the high
Jump. Triple Jump follows.