9th Annual Fort Zumwalt West Jaguar Invitational
Track and Field Meet
April 5, 2010@ 2:00 p.m. is the deadline for finalizing entries for the Jaguar Invitational Meet.
Coaches meeting will be held at 3:10 p.m. on Tuesday and Wednesday in front of the press box.
Please include your email address with your entries. We will use these to mail results.
Varsity results will be available the following day. Junior Varsity Results will be available The following Week.
Coaches will be assigned work assignments. If you are not able to fulfill your work assignment you may switch with another school. Please notify John Cunningham or Barb Delgado if you are not able to switch.
Two (2) athletes per event from each school with one (1) relay team.
We will follow M.S.H.S.A.A. and N.F.H.S. handbook rules.
IF AN ATHLETE PARTICIPATES IN THE VARSITY MEET HE/SHE IS NOT ALLOWED TO COMPETE IN THE J.V. MEET AND VICE VERSA.
All teams should come dressed. LOCKER ROOMS WILL NOT BE PROVIDED.
Restrooms will be provided.
Our trainer will be available for your convenience throughout the meet(s).
The Fort Zumwalt West Booster Club will sell concession.
Coaches, please keep all athletes, not competing in an event, in the stands.
Tents must be placed in designated areas only.
We will score 8 places: 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1
¼” spikes only on the track and runways.
Buses should all park
We will not be using a declaration system this year.
1. Contestants shall report immediately when the event is announced. After being called for each trial, the contestant shall complete the trail within 1 ½ minutes. EXCEPTIONS: contestants in the pole vault are allowed 2 minutes.
2. A competitor will be charged with an unsuccessful attempt if he/she does not complete the trial or does not indicate that they are passing within the specified time.
3. Each competitor in the Shot Put and Discus shall receive 4 trails with NO FINALS.
4. Shot put and discus shall be conducted in flights.
5. Each Competitor in the triple jump and long jump shall receive 4 trials with NO FINALS.
6. Triple and Long Jump will be run cafeteria style within a specified time limit.
7. Finals only will be held in the pole vault and high jump.
8. Contestants may use their own implements in competition provided they are inspected and approved by head field judge.
1. The 800 Meter, 1600 Meter, 3200 Meter runs and the 3200 meter relay will be staggered for one – turn Box Alleys. Every two adjacent lanes on the track shall constitute a box alley, with a maximum of four competitors assigned per box according to the following:
Box 1 = 3,7,11,15/ Box 2= 1,5,9,13/ Box 3= 2,6,10,14/ and Box 4= 4, 8,12, 16
2. In the 1600 meter relay a three turn stagger will be used and runners may move for the pole after the 3rd turn.
3. Girls will run prior to boys
4. There will be no preliminaries
5. Events will be power seeded
3:30 PM - Girls High Jump (Starting Height- 4’ 4”)
Boys Pole Vault (Starting Height- 9’ 0”)
Girls Long Jump (Cafeteria Style – 1.5 Hours)
Boys Triple Jump (Cafeteria Style – 1.5 Hours)
Girls Discus (4 THROWS NO FINALS)
Boys Shot Put (4 THROWS NO FINALS)
Ø Boys High Jump(Starting Height 5’2”)
Girls Pole Vault ( Starting Height 7’ 0”)
Boys Long Jump
Girls Triple Jump
Girls Shot Put
Boys discus and girls shot put will begin at the completion of above mentioned events.
3:45 PM - Girls 4x800
Girls 100M Hurdles
Boys 110M High Hurdles
Girls 100M Dash
Boys 100M Dash
Girls 4x200M Relay
Boys 4x200M Relay
Girls 1600M Run
Boys 1600M Run
Girls 4x100M Relay
Boys 4x100M Relay
Girls 400M Dash
Boys 400M Dash
Girls 300M Low Hurdles
Boys 300M Intermediate Hurdles
Girls 800M Run
Boys 800M Run
Girls 200M Dash
Boys 200M Dash
Girls 3200M Run
Boys 3200M Run
Girls 4x400M Relay
Boys 4 x400M Relay
Ø We will use a Rolling Time Schedule