Riverside High School will host a Track Meet on April 10th, 2010 here at RHS. Right now we have 20 teams scheduled to compete with the potential to have at least 25. That being said we need to use common sense when it comes to entries. We are using Athletic.net and the Hy-Tek Meet Manager Program to handle or entries and meet results. Entries need to be filled out at www.athletic.net. Please have your entries online by 8:00am on Saturday, April 10th, and you can make changes until that time. Please limit your entries to 5 per event. If you do not have 5 athletes to put in an event that’s ok. This is a “midseason” meet, so I don’t want to limit you too badly, but I don’t want to be running under the lights either. Any last minute changes will need to be handled on a case by case basis. If you have something that needs to be addressed please contact me as soon as possible.
Coaches meeting will be at 10AM in the multi-purpose building. Field events will start at 11AM and Running Events will start at 1pm. We are doing this to try to get as much of the field events done as possible. Field events will be flighted and athletes will have 4 attempts with no finals.
There is a $25 entry fee for each team. Please make your check payable to RHS Track. You can bring it to the meet or send it to me at the high school at least one week prior to the meet.
All of our runways are rubberized. Spikes must be no greater than ¼”. Our shot and discus rings are recessed, brushed concrete. We will be using a video FAT system for all races run in lanes. We will also be using a three-turn stagger in the 4X400 meter relay.
We are looking forward to good weather and a great track meet. If you have questions please contact:
Tom Grimes or Dave Boor
Riverside Jr./Sr. High School 541-481-2525 ext. 2127– Fax 541-481-2047
email@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com
**Admission will be charged at the South Gate for All spectators: (MCSD Policy)
Adults – $4.00
Students’ w/ASB Card– $3.00
Senior Citizens – $3.00
Busses need to park in the South Parking lot at the front of the school.
10:00am Coaches Meeting in the Multi-purpose building
11:00am FIELD EVENTS BEGIN
*Women’s Shot Put, East Pit (Followed by Men’s)
*Women’s Javelin (Followed by the men)
*Women’s Long Jump East Pit (Followed by the Triple Jump)
*Men’s High Jump (Followed by the women)
*Men’s Pole Vault (Followed by the women)
*Men’s Discus (Followed by the women)
*Men’s Long Jump West Pit (Followed by the Triple jump)
1:00pm RUNNING EVENTS BEGIN
*Start with 4X100 Relay
*Women will run first followed by the men
*Heats will be run slowest to fastest.
· Only IAAF Javelins are to be thrown.
· Throws and horizontal jumps will be in flights. Four attempts in the throws, Four attempts in the jumps, no finals.
· Men’s high jump will start at 5’ and increase 2” until 6’0
· Women’s high jump will start at 4’ and increase 2” until 4’10
· Men’s pole vault will start at 8’6” and increase 6” until 11’ and 3” thereafter
· Women’s Pole Vault will start at 6’ and increase 6” until 8’6” and 3” thereafter
· First and last call only at 15 and 5 minutes
· Athletes report to the event official at the event or start line by last call
· Concessions will be available at the meet
· Locker rooms are available
· Time sheets will be posted. Athletes are instructed to stay out of the multi-purpose building. If there is a problem with a time or distance coaches should see Coach Grimes first. This is vitally important.
· Results will be uploaded to athletic.net and no paper results will be printed unless specifically requested.
· Competitors are asked to compete in school issued uniforms only, unless prior approval from meet director is obtained.
· One false start will be charged to the field and the next false start will result in disqualification.