Sherwood High Presents
The 27th Annual Katie Jenkins Memorial
Invitational Track and Field Meet
Sherwood High School would like to invite you to compete in the 27th Annual Katie Jenkins Invitational Track & Field meet to be held on Saturday May 4, 2013.
- We are returning to the original one day format of the 1986 meet organizers.
- Trials for the 100 meter dash, the 110/100 hurdles be held first with qualifiers for the final based on time.
- All timing will be FAT.
- Saturday, the Quadrathlon will begin at 10:30 AM and all other events on Saturday begin at 2:30 P.M. Entries will be limited to the first 20 teams.
We will continue to hold the Quadrathlon as a competitive event. The Quadrathlon requires participating athletes to compete in four separate events, (400, long jump, discus, and 1500 meters). The performance in each event will be scored using the NCAA Decathlon and Pentathlon scoring tables. Trophies will be awarded to the top three finishers of each gender. The event is open to 3 boys and 3 girls from each competing school. Athletes competing in the Quadrathlon may not compete in any other track or field event during this meet. This event will begin at 11:00 A.M Saturday,
Time:. 10:30 AM Saturday – Quadrathlon/Tetrathlon
Saturday – Main events
Substitutions: We will allow replacements only. Competitors will take the heat/flight assignment of the athlete for which they substituted. In order to use an athlete as a substitute they MUST be listed on your team roster.
Substitutions must be made by 1:30 PM on Saturday
Concessions: The Sherwood Track and Field Boosters will have a variety of beverages, foods and snacks. T- Shirts on sale, too.
Entries: Entries must be done on line at www.Athletic.net.
3 Individuals/event. 1 relay team / school
We will run two (2) heats per gender in 3200 run if needed.
Meet Registration: Go to the Web site www.Athletic.net, register your team, sign up for meet, enter the meet.
Entry Deadline: Tuesday April 30 by 11:00 PM Eastern Time (2300 hrs.EDT)
Entry Fees $175 per school if entering both a boys and girls team. $90 if entering only one gender. Entries and fees are due by Sunday April 26 by 10:00 PM . Make checks payable to Sherwood High School.. Please include a roster of
Make Checks payable to “Sherwood High School”
General Admission to meet $5.00
Results and Awards: Awards will be presented at the completion of each event. Medals to the top three finishers in each event, and ribbons to fourth through sixth place finishers. Results will be available at the conclusion of the meet and on line at Athletic.net
Order of Events:
MEET BEGINS @ 11:00 AM for Quadrathlon; 2:30 PM Main Meet
Quadrathlon/ Tetrathlon Order: 400m; Long Jump; Discus; 1500m
Girls Followed by Boys
11:00 AM Quadrathlon/Tetrathlon: 400, Discus, Long Jump (3 attempts in Field Events for Quadrathlon)
- Trials of Girls 100 Hurdles 7 times advance to final
- Trials of Boys 110 High Hurdles 7 times advance to final
- Trials of 100 Dash top 7 times advance to final
- 3200 Relay Final Sections on Time – Slow to Fast
- Girls 100 Hurdle Final
- Boys 110 HH Final
- 100 Dash Final
- 1600 Meter Run Final – Sections on Time. Slow to Fast
- 400 Meter Dash Final – Sections on Time. Slow to Fast
- 8 x 200 Relay Final Sections on Time – Slow to Fast
- 3200 Run Final Sections on Time – Slow to Fast
- 300 Hurdles Final - Sections on Time. Slow to Fast
- 200 Dash Final - Sections on Time. Slow to Fast
- 800 Run Final - Sections on Time. Slow to Fast
- 4 x 100 Relay Final - Sections on Time. Slow to Fast
- 4 x 400 Relay Final - Sections on Time. Slow to Fast
- Girls Triple Jump – Open Pit, 90 minutes. 4 jumps
- Boys Long Jump- Open Pit, 90 minutes. 4 jimps
- Girls High Jump
- Boys Discus – Discus
- Girls Shot Put
- Boys Triple Jump - Open Pit, 90 minutes. 4 jumps
- Girls Long Jump - Open Pit, 90 minutes. 4 jumps
- Boys High Jump
- Girls Discus
- Boys Shot Put
Contact: Dan Reeks – email@example.com,