MHSAA #16-2 Track and Field Regional
Friday, May 18, 2018
Hosted by Corunna High School
Meet Manager: Nikki Norris 989.743.3441 (office) 989.413.0362 (cell)
Timing will be provided by Aldrich Timing
Welcome! Corunna High School is pleased to host the 2018 16-2 Regional Track meet! Please review the information in this packet and let us know if you have any questions. Best of luck to your teams!
- Admission: All tickets at the gate will cost 5.00 for adults and students. Passes will not be accepted.
- Concessions: Full concessions will be provided by the Corunna Athletic Club
- MHSAA Policies: Please familiarize yourselves with the policies in the Participating Schools document on the MHSAA website. Special points of emphasis should include: videotaping of athletes as a coaching aid in restricted areas, illegal implements, proper uniform requirements and unsportsmanlike conduct.
- Field Events: Rules such as “time limits per attempt” and “leaving/coming back” will be enforced.
- Restricted Areas: The infield of the track will be a restricted area. Field event areas will be roped off to enforce the restricted areas around those events.
- Infield: Coaches will be allowed on the infield in the restricted coaches area along the backstretch.
- Inclement weather: MHSAA policies will be enforced. There will be limited shelter available in the restrooms and team rooms at the stadium. Teams should take shelter in their busses.
- Athletic Trainer: will be available with water and ice. Please bring your own tape for taping.
- Spikes: ¼ inch pyramids or smaller. No pins.
- Locker rooms: will not be provided.
- Tents/team areas: There will be designated areas for team tents. You are responsible for clean up of your area after the meet.
- Cell phones: must be on silent/mute/vibrate
- The track is 400 meters – 8 lanes straight (100m and 110m) – 8 lanes curve, all-weather surface.
- Starting blocks: Corunna will furnish blocks. You may bring your own blocks, but they MUST BE INSPECTED BY FIELD REFEREE if being used.
- Please do not arrive prior to 12:30 pm Please drop your athletes on the east side of the stadium. Busses will drop the teams on the east side of the stadium (Kingsley St) Busses are to remain off campus until after 3:00 p.m. due to school traffic. After 3:00, busses will park on the grass on the south side of the middle school.
- Coaches and spectators: Spectators will NOT be permitted on the infield at any time. Please remain in the stands. Coaches will be permittee in Designated Coaches Boxes only.
- Facility inspection: The track facility will be open for coach/athlete inspection on Thursday, May 17 from 5:00-7:00pm. This is an opportunity for you to set up team camps and look at the track/field event facilities. You may also drop off poles at this time. They will be locked in storage for the night. No throws, jumps or vaults will be permitted during this inspection time.
- Awards presentation: Each coach will receive an awards packet and complete results as soon as possible after the awards presentation. Results and awards will be available in the press box. Competitors are awarded points and medals through 8th place.
- Competing teams: Corunna, DeWitt, Flint Powers, Fowlerville, Goodrich, Haslett, Lansing Catholic, Lansing Eastern, Sexton, Linden, Lake Fenton, Ortonville-Brandon, Owosso, St. Johns, Williamston
- Scoring: The scoring is 10-8-6-5-4-3-2-1 in all events.
- Rules: Track and Field Federation Rules will govern the meet and MHSAA limitations of competition will be in effect.
- Medal for each athlete that scores from 1st through 8th place
- Medal for each of the 4 athletes that scores from 1st through 8th place in the relays
- Championship trophy for top boys team
- Championship trophy for top girls team
- Location: Our track is located across the street from the high school. Spectator parking will be available at the middle school and elementary school. Additional parking will be available at the high school.
- Entries must be submitted online to Athletic.net before 4:00pm on MONDAY, MAY 14, 2018 or a $50.00 late fee will be assessed. Eligibility forms are to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, May 15 at 4:00pm. Please enter your times as FAT times to the hundredth (.00) or handled equivalent, adjusted by +.24 (go to mhsaa.come for information). One relay team allowed per school per event. A maximum of three individuals may be listed by a team in each individual event, but one must be scratched. If three (3) or more entries by a school team in an event have equaled or bettered the Regional Additional Qualified standards, these individuals may be entered.
- Scratches made during the scratch periods will not count in the individual’s participation limitations. However, if the competitor is not scratched during these scheduled periods and does not show to the clerking area before the runner’s position is set, the competitor will be disqualified from the event and that event will count towards the competitor’s personal limit. The clerk of course shall inform heats following the last call for that event. The call system will be first call, second call and final call for each event.