South West Conference coaches and their teams are invited to participate in the South West Conference Outdoor Track and Field Championship on Monday, May 21, 2018 starting at 3:00pm for Field events and 3:30 PM for Track events at Bunnell High School, Stratford CT. The meet is open to coaches and their high school age athletes competing for their high school team in the South West Conference.
All coaches of the following teams have been invited to make event entries.
- The meet will be held at the Bunnell HS,
- Full Automatic Timing and results provided by GrimesTimes, Yvonne Grimes firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry Procedures and Limits:
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with the ATHLETIC.NET event entry system. There are no late entries or day of meet entries.
- Athletes can compete in any 4 events.
- Only 1 relay per event per school.
- All ENTRIES should meet the current Class S event qualifying standards.
- The athletes who are close to the event standard in all running and field events should also be entered in ATHLETIC.NET so that the event field is filled to 9 competitors at the discretion of the meet director and entry coordinator. Exception are Pole Vault and High Jump where athletes must meet the Class S Standard in order to compete in the meet.
- There are no late entries or day of meet entries.
Coaches, please pay special attention to the following:
- To insure a fair and quality meet, CIAC rules will govern all events.
- Teams will be given two coaches passes per gender for field access. Passes must be worn visibly at all times while on the infield.
- Implement Check: An inspector must check all implements prior to use in the meet. Violators will be disqualified for using implements that have not passed meet inspection.
- Coaches and athletes will be asked to stay away from the finish line as there will be a FAT system in use.
- The top 8 finishers in each event are used to determine team score.
Meet Entry Coordinator:
- Bob Fontaine
Email Address: email@example.com
Meet Admin Services:
- EZ Meet Services administers all meet registration in conjunction with Athletic.net event registration. Email:firstname.lastname@example.org
2018 Order of Events
2:30 p.m. Coaches and Officials meeting near finish line
2:45 p.m. Scratches Encouraged
2:55 p.m. Opening Ceremony and National Anthem
3:00PM - Field Events:
- Girls Javelin (on turf) → Discus → Shot
- Boys Javelin (on baseball outfield grass) → Shot → Discus
- Boys and Girls High Jump
- Boys and Girls Long Jump → Boys and Girls Triple Jump
- Boys Pole Vault → Girls pole vault
**All field events will have a 10-minute check-out limit**
3:30PM - Track Events:
(Order is Girls then Boys unless noted otherwise)
- 4x800m Relay
- 4x100m Relay
- Girls 100m Hurdles-Semi
- Boys 110m Hurdles-Semi
- 100m Dash-Semi
- 1600m Run
- Boys 110m Hurdles-Final
- Girls 100m Hurdles-Final
- Boys 100m Dash-Final
- Girls 100m Dash-Final
- 400m Dash
- 300m Hurdles
- 800m Run
- 200m Dash
- 3200m Run
- 4x400m Relay