Get Started and REGISTER NOW!
Choose your category below:
Results deadline June 11
**This information is for PARA ATHLETES ONLY. If you are a High School/Unified Sports team or Junior High athlete, please choose the appropriate link above.
How Does This Work?
Please click on the applicable link below:
Participation Terms and Conditions
All competition must take place during the submission window (May 15 - June 11). Please be sure to select events that you are able to safely compete while still following all local, provincial, and national laws and Alberta Health Services guidelines. Be respectful of facility closures. Competing in events that you can complete in your neighborhood or backyard is just fine. Tools such as Google Maps have options to measure short distances based on landmarks in your area. How to guide here.
Registration and Participation Details
- Create an Athletic.net account
- Download AthleticAPP
- Enter the team code provided by your coach
- All PARA athletes will compete as part of their high school team. Unattached registration is not available.
- Click here to Register (but please read the information below first)
- Your coach may register you or you may register yourself but you MUST connect to your team first by entering the team code into AthleticAPP
- Compete in an event
- Be sure to take photo or video proof (see instructions below)
- Use the AthleticAPP notification to submit your result - your coach cannot submit results for you
- Tap on the bell icon at the bottom of the app screen to view your notifications and choose ASAA Track & Field Virtual Challenge
- Tap the corresponding event, enter your result, and upload the supporting evidence (see below)
- Add as many photos and videos as you would like to build your story!
All results must be marked valid by a team coach by June 11.
How to record evidence of your performance:
All competition must take place during the submission window (May 15 - June 11). Results from events contested before the opening date will be marked as invalid. Please replicate the technique in the example videos and photos shown below.
100m and 200m run:
One continuous video is recommended and must show entire event, start to finish, including the time. If more than one person is in the video, please identify yourself.
Example video links:
Tips for the Starter:
- Start the watch from the finish line and shout loud enough for the athlete to hear you.
- Start the watch when you say “Go!”—not when you see movement.
- Start recording, then hold the phone in one hand and the stopwatch in the other. After that, start the athlete. Try to show watch in the video frame for the start and finish of the race, like shown below.
You have two options:
- Use the Record Run GPS feature in AthleticAPP: Instructions
- A photo of a GPS watch or app showing both distance and time
Take a separate video of each attempt, including the measurement process, and submit only the video of the best attempt. Please show all of the following:
- Before attempt, be sure measuring tape is already extended from field to board or ring
- Circle must be clearly marked and visible
- Throw (video must capture entire throw including landing)
- Person #1 - Mark landing spot with beginning of tape (show on video)
- Person #2 - Take measurement at ring (show closeup of actual measurement)
All results must be marked valid by a team coach by June 11.
Why aren't more events offered?
In the interest of safety, and knowing that access to coaches and equipment may be challenging during this time, the events offered have been limited to just those listed. We realize that this is an abbreviated list but no additional events will be contested during the ASAA Track & Field Challenge.
How do I register?
All entrants will register using the registration link on the meet page. This can be accessed by using AthleticAPP or Athletic.net. See the information at the top of this page for more details.
Does my coach need to register me?
No. You may register yourself but you must enter the team code provided by your coach to connect to your team.
Can I register as unattached?
No. All PARA athletes will compete as part of their high school team. Unattached registration is not available.
How much does it cost?
This is a free event! But please do consider purchasing an event t-shirt or hoodie: ASAA Track & Field Virtual Challenge Apparel
How do I submit results?
Download the AthleticAPP to post your results
- Use your Athletic.net account to login
- When you register for an event, you will receive a notification in the app to post your results
- Click the notification for instructions on posting your result and evidence
- Please review the instructions above about required evidence
How do I resubmit a video if it did not upload correctly?
- Make sure you are in an area with a strong signal, preferably WiFi. If the deadline is approaching, do not delete your post because you will lose the option to submit a post after the deadline.
- Tap on the three dots in the upper right corner of the post (DO NOT delete the post)
- Choose Add Video and follow the steps to submit, making sure that you keep the app open until the video is completely done uploading
- Return to the meet results to confirm that the video has posted with the result (may take up to 5 minutes)
- If that doesn't work, leave your post there and...
- Log into Athletic.net on a computer (may have a better connectivity than your phone)
- Go to your profile or the meet results, find the post, and add the video in the same method as listed above
How do I submit a new post if I need to correct the time or distance?
- Make sure you are in an area with a strong signal, preferably WiFi. If the deadline is approaching, think twice about submitting a new post. You will lose the option to submit a post after the deadline.
- Tap on the three dots in the upper right corner of the post
- Choose Delete Post
- Return to the AthleticAPP notifications screen and submit the correct result and video/photo evidence
**You must always start your results post on AthleticAPP but you may add videos and photos on Athletic.net afterwards. More help: How to edit or resubmit a virtual result
Why is the time I submitted different in the final results?
All times submitted will be considered hand times and will be rounded up to the nearest tenth and converted as follows:
- Races under 300 meters: 0.24 seconds will be added
- Races 300 meters up to (but not including) 800 meters: 0.14 seconds will be added
- Races 800 meters and above: No further conversion factor will be added
Please see Hand Time Conversion Standards for further details.
What is results moderation and how does it work?
Each result submitted will be reviewed by your coach and then marked as Valid or Invalid. This process can take a few days. Feel free to let your coach know when you've submitted a result. More information: Results Moderation.